Friday, March 26, 2010

Blue Hawaii


Blue Hawaii!!!
Every year the FHU Lady Lions takes a little trip to somewhere cool and play some Christmas games. My freshmen year we went to South Padre, TX and my sophomore year we went to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This year though, was the best place of all- HAWAII!!! We were all very excited about this trip. The first few days consisted of practice and playing for the girls. The two teams we played and defeated were Pacific University and William-Carey College. After these two games was when the real fun began! I was also very excited about this trip because my mom got to go also! Throughout the trip we were able to do a lot of fun things, but I am just going to show you some of my favorite highlights!


One of the first few days we hit up Pearl Harbor which was a neat experience. I went once before when I was five so I didn't really remember it. This picture is of us girls with one of the veterans that was there that day. He was very sweet!



In one of the brochures we read, we saw were there was a waterfall we could hike to so me, my mom, and Kenzie decided to do this one day! It was a long hike in flip flops but we were glad we did it! There was a funny story with this little adventure though. It just so happened that we could not get a taxi or bus to come back and get us from this place so well......WE HITCH HIKED BACK!!! Yes, flagged someone down and got in their vehicle!! Oh and it was President Obama's relative.... That is the short version of the story..It was a pretty hilarious experience!

We decided to hike up diamond head one day! Great view!


One night the team went to a Luau! Very fun!


Me, Kenzie, and Meribeth with some of the dancers from the show.


The next few pictures are from our island tour. It was a really neat thing. We loaded up on a big charter bus one morning and road around the island all day. We made many stops and we able to experience some of Hawaii's neatest things!

The picture of me and my beautiful mother was taking on the North Shore.


These are some of the sweet friends I have made while being apart of the FHU Lady Lions: Leslie Morgan, Tara Deatheridge, Kenzie Ziegler, and Hannah Parsley.

This was a very fun trip and I hope to make it back to Hawaii sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment